Journal Papers in English
(1) C. Chiemchaisri, Wong Yien Kiat, T. Urase, K. Yamamoto (1992): Organic stabilization and nitrogen removal in membrane separation bioreactor for domestic wastewater treatment, Wat. Sci. & Tech., 25, 10, 231-240.
(2) T. Urase, K. Yamamoto, S. Ohgaki (1993): Rejection mechanism of coliphage Q-beta in membrane separation process, World Filtration Congress, 6, 715-718, Nagoya.
(3) T. Urase, K. Yamamoto, S. Ohgaki (1994): Evaluation of virus removal in membrane separation process by using coliphage Q-beta, Wat. Sci. & Tech., 28, 7, pp9-15.
(4) T. Urase, K. Yamamoto, S. Ohgaki (1994): Effect of pore size distribution of ultrafiltration membranes on virus rejection in crossflow condition, Wat. Sci. & Tech., 30, 9, 199-208.
(5) T. Urase, K. Yamamoto, S. Ohgaki(1996): Effect of pore structure of membranes and module configuration on virus retention, J. of Membr. Sci., 115, 21-29.
(6) C. Ratanatamskul, K. Yamamoto, T. Urase, S. Ohgaki (1996): Effect of operating conditions on rejection of anionic pollutants in the water environment by nanofiltration especially in very low pressure range, Wat. Sci. Tech., 34, 9, 149-156.
(7) T. Urase, M. Salequzzaman, S. Kobayashi, T. Matsuo, K. Yamamoto, N. Suzuki (1997): Effect of high concentration of organic and inorganic matters in landfill leachate on the treatment of heavy metals in very low concentration level, Wat. Sci. Technol., 36, 12, 349-356.
(8) C. Ratanatamskul, T. Urase, K. Yamamoto (1998): Prediction of behavior in rejection of pollutants in ultra low pressure nanofiltration, Wat. Sci. Technol., 38, 4/5.
(9) G. Herath, K. Yamamoto, T. Urase (1998): Mechanism of bacterial and viral transport through microfiltration membranes, Wat. Sci. Technol., 38, 4/5, 489-496.
(10) T. Urase, Jeong-ik Oh, Kazuo Yamamoto(1998): Effect of pH on rejection of different species of arsenic by nanofiltration, Desalination, 117, 11-18.
(11) G. Herath, K. Yamamoto, T. Urase (1999): Removal of viruses by microfiltration membranes at different solution environments, Wat. Sci. Technol., 40, 4-5, 331-338.
(12) Y. Matsumura, T. Nunoura, T. Urase, K. Yamamoto (2000): Supercritical water oxidation of high concentrations of phenol, J. of hazardous materials B, 73, 245-254.
(13) G. Herath, K. Yamamoto, T. Urase (2000): The effect of suction velocity on concentration polarization in microfiltration membranes under turbulent flow condition, J. of Membrane Science, 169, 175-183.
(14) J.I. Oh, T. Urase, H. Kitawaki, M.M. Rahman, M.H. Rhahman, K. Yamamoto(2000): Modeling of arsenic rejection considering affinity and steric hindrance effect in nanofiltration membranes, Wat. Sci. & Technol., 42, 3-4, 173-180.
(15) T. Iwane, T. Urase, K. Yamamoto (2001): Possible impact of treated wastewater discharge on incidence of antibiotic resistant bacteria in river water, Wat. Sci. Technol., 43, 2, 91-99.
(16) M. Thanuttamavong, J.I. Oh, K. Yamamoto and T. Urase (2001): Comparison between rejection characteristics of natural organic matter and inorganic salts in ultra low pressure nanofiltration for drinking water production, Water Science and Technology – Water Supply, 1, 5-6, 77-90.
(17) Y. Matsumura, T. Urase, K. Yamamoto, T. Nunoura (2002): Carbon catalyzed supercritical water oxidation of phenol, J. of Supercritical Fluid, 22, 149-156.
(18) T. Urase, K. Miyashita (2003): Factors affecting concentration of bisphenol A in leachates from solid waste disposal sites and its fate in treatment processes, to be published in J. of Material Cycles and Waste Management, 5, 1, 77-82. (Abstract)
(19) K. O. Agenson, J. I. Oh, T. Kikuta, T. Urase (2003): Retention of a wide variety of organic pollutants by different nanofiltration/reverse osmosis membranes: controlling parameters of process, J. of Membrane Science, 225, 91-103. (DOI)
(20) K. O. Agenson, J. I. Oh, T. Kikuta, T. Urase (2003): Rejection mechanisms of plastic additives and natural hormones in drinking water treated by nanofiltration, Water Science and Technology – Water Supply, 3, 5, 311-319.
(21) T. Urase and T. Kikuta (2004): Reaction kinetics of degradation of natural hormones in activated sludge process, Water and Environmental Management Series, IWA ISBN 1 84339 503 7, 27-34.
(22) T. Urase, T. Kikuta (2005): Separate estimation of adsorption and degradation of pharmaceutical substances and estrogens in the activated sludge process, Water Research, 39, 1289-1300. (DOI)
(23) T. Urase, C. Kagawa, T. Kikuta(2005): Factors affecting removal of pharmaceutical substances and estrogens in membrane separation bioreactor, Desalination, 178, 107-113. (DOI)
(24) T. Urase, K. Nadaoka, H. Yagi, T. Iwasa, Y. Suzuki, F. Siringan, T. P. Garcia, T. T. Thao (2006): Effect of urban emissions on the horizontal distribution of metal concentration in sediments in the vicinity of Asian large cities, J. of Water and Environment Technology, 4, 1, 61-71. (Full paper available at J-STAGE)
(25) T. Urase, K. Sato (2007): The effect of deterioration of nanofiltration membrane on retention of pharmaceuticals, Desalination, 202, 385-391. (DOI)
(26) K. O. Agenson, T. Urase (2007): Change in membrane performance due to organic fouling in nanofiltration (NF)/reverse osmosis (RO) applications, Separation and Purification Technology 55 (2), 147-156.
(27) Taro Urase, Hiroyuki Okumura, Samerjai Panyosaranya, and Akihiro Inamura (2008): Emission of volatile organic compounds from solid waste disposal sites and importance of heat management, Waste Management Research, 26, 534-538.(Abstract here)
(28) Thridpong Srisukphum, Chart Chiemchaisri, Taro Urase, Kazuo Yamamoto (2009): Experimentation and modeling of foulant interaction and reverse osmosis membrane fouling during textile wastewater reclamation, Separation and Purification Technology, 68, 37-49. (DOI)
(29) Longli Bo, Taro Urase and Xiaochang Wang (2009): Biodegradation of trace pharmaceutical substances in wastewater by a membrane bioreactor, Frontiers of Environmental Science & Engineering in China, 3(2), 236-240.
(30) Ngoc Han Tran, Taro Urase, Osamu Kusakabe (2009): The characteristics of enriched nitrifier culture in the degradation of selected pharmaceutically active compounds, J. of Hazardous Materials, 171, 1051-1057. (DOI)
(31) T. Srisukphun, C. Chiemchaisri, T. Urase, K. Yamamoto (2010): Foulant interaction and RO productivity in textile wastewater reclamation plant, Desalination 250, 845-849.
(32) Ngoc Han Tran, Taro Urase, Osamu Kusakabe (2010): The biodegradation characteristics of selected pharmaceutical substances by whole fungal culture Trametes versicolor and its laccase, Journal of Water and Environment Technology, 8, 2, 125-140. (DOI)
(33) Ngoc Han Tran, Jiangyong Hu, Taro Urase (2013) Removal of the insect repellent N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET) by laccase-mediated systems. Bioresource Technology. 147, 667-671. (DOI)
(34) Ngoc Han Tran, Taro Urase, Huu Hao Ngo, Jiangyong Hu, Say Leong Ong (2013) Insight into metabolic and cometabolic activities of autotrophic and heterotrophic microorganisms in the biodegradation of emerging trace organic contaminants. Bioresource Technology. 146, 721-731. Review Article. (DOI)
(35) T. Urase and Y. Sasaki (2013): Occurrence of earthy and musty odor compounds (geosmin, 2-methylisoborneol and 2,4,6-trichloroanisole) in biologically treated wastewater, Water Science and Technology, 68, 9, 1969-1975. (DOI)
(36) Ahmad SHAHATA, Takumi OMATA, Taro URASE (2013): Removal of color from molasses wastewater using membrane bioreactor with acidic condition, Journal of Water and Environment Technology, Vol. 11, No.6, 539-546. (DOI)
(37) Heekyong Oh, Taro Urase, Dai Simazaki, Hyunook Kim (2013): Effect of natural organic matter on adsorption of ionic and nonionic pharmaceuticals to granular activated carbon, Environment Protection Engineering, Vol. 39, No. 4, 15-28.
(38) Ngoc Han Tran, Taro Urase, Thi Thao Ta (2014) A preliminary study on the occurrence of pharmaceutically active compounds in hospital wastewater and surface water in Hanoi, Vietnam, Clean Soil, Air, Water, Vol 42, 3, 267-275. (DOI)
(39) N.H. Tran, V.T. Nguyen, T. Urase, H.H. Ngo (2014) Role of nitrification in the biodegradation of selected artificial sweetening agents in biological wastewater treatment process, Bioresource Technology. Vol 161, 40-46. (DOI)
(40) Ngoc Han Tran, Huu Hao Ngo, Taro Urase, Karina Yew-Hoong Gin (2015) A critical review on characterization strategies of organic matter for wastewater and water treatment processes, Bioresource Technology, Volume 193, Pages 523-533. (DOI)
(41) Ahmad Shahata, Taro Urase (2016) Treatment of Saline Wastewater by Thermophilic Membrane Bioreactor, J. of Water and Environment Technology, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 76-81. (DOI)
(42) Taro Urase, Takaya Sato (2016) Quantitative monitoring of resistance in Escherichia coli to clinically important antimicrobials in an urban watershed, J. of Water and Environment Technology, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp.341-349. (DOI)
(43) Hirofumi Tsutsui, Taro Urase (2019) Retention of Bacteria and DNA by Microfiltration Membranes in Wastewater Reclamation, Journal of Water and Environment Technology, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp.194-202. (DOI)
(44) Pahaerdin Nazhakaiti, Hirofumi Tsutsui and Taro Urase (2019) Aerobic and Anaerobic Biological Degradation of Pharmaceutically Active Compounds in Rice Paddy Soils, Applied Sciences. 9(12), 2505. (DOI)
(45) Hirofumi Tsutsui, Taro Urase (2019) Characterization of Extended Spectrum β-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli in the Environment Isolated with Different Concentrations of Cefotaxime, Journal of Water and Environment Technology, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 262-272. (DOI)
(46) Taro Urase, Mitsuhiro Okazaki, Hirofumi Tsutsui (2020) Prevalence of ESBL-producing Escherichia coli and carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae in treated wastewater: a comparison with nosocomial infection surveillance, J. of Water and Health, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp899-910. (DOI)